February 11, 2006

Upon Request . . . Sally's 7x7's!

Thanks to Miss Nikkae Huber, I have been tagged to provide my list of 7x7's. It has been such fun to read other's lists, and I have enjoyed putting a bit of thought into some of these topics.


Seven Things I Would Like To Do Before I Die:


1. Marry my Man, and enjoy a lifelong marriage that is God honoring, joyful, and romantic
2. Become a woman of God in whom the heart of my husband may safely trust
3. Become skilled in the art of natural medicine and healing (with herbs, essential oils etc.)
4. Raise many little 'mommies' and 'daddies' in the nurture and admonition of the Lord
5. Complete a wardrobe of historical gowns and accessories from the past
6. Travel the world
7. Become mistress of a home that radiates with God's love, warmth, welcome, and cheer


Seven Things I Cannot Do Well:


1. Imagine life without sunshine
2. Remain calm during heated debates
3. Imagine life without the Saviour
4. Remember to add the salt to my homemade bread
5. Stop my countinual singing. ;-) Much to my younger brothers dismay . . .
6. Imagine life without music
7. Keep focused when attempting to read 'heavy' books


Seven Movies I Enjoy:


1. Pride and Prejudice BBC's 1995 version
2. North and South (This fabulous movie is set in England, not in the states as it's title might suggest)
3. The Horatio Hornblower series
4. Gods and Generals
5. Iron Will
6. Flywheel
7. Most Historical Costume Dramas (Wives and Daughters, Jane Austen, etc.)


Seven Things I Say Often:


1. Really?
2. Has anyone seen my glasses? (Not so often now that I have contacts)
3. I don't know . . .
4. Mama?
5. Thats nasty!
6. Ooo thats so cute!
7. Ya


Seven Things That Would Attract Me In a Future Husband:


1. That he love God with all his heart, mind, soul, and strength
2. That he be man enough to do and go wherever God leads him despite the pressures and idea's of men
3. A man who is able to protect and defend me ~ Strong enough to protect me physically, courageous enough to protect me emotionally, and gentle enough to protect me spiritually
4. A man who has learned how to communicate well
5. A man who is humble, honest, and full of integrety
6. Enjoys athletics and being out in Gods beautiful creation
7. A spiritual leader who has a visions, hopes, and ideals for his future and family


Seven Books or Authors Who I Enjoy Reading: (Besides Gods Word)


1. Harold Bell Wright
2. Jane Austen
3. Stepping Heavenward
4. In My Fathers House
5. Biographys of Godly men and woman who served their Lord in days past
6. Margaret Gaskell
7. Beautifully written old novels that inspire pure ideals and promote true womanhood/manhood

Several People On Whom I Inflict This Tag:


* Mr. Max Parish
* Miss Cara Horn
* Miss Kristalyn Huber
* Miss Carol Deladurantey
* Mr. Dad Parish

You are not required to comply, of course, but tis' fun if you have the time! :-)


To God Be The Glory!

4 comments:

The Parish Clan said...

And if we were required, how would you enforce it?

-Your faithful blog post reader brother :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sally Beth :) I knew you could do it. I am grateful for your sweet friendship!

OK Jeremy, I tagged you too, and unlike being kind like Sally towards those she tagged, I will...I guess we live a wee bit too far for me to do much of anything. Oh well, I shall be patient :)

The Parish Clan said...

Ahem, ahem! Max . . . You do enjoy provoking me don't you!?! Fo your information, and to answer your question, if you do not comply with my request, I shall never speak to you again! You wouldn't want that to happen would you? ;-p

Kae,
Please relay to Miss Kristalyn my sincerest apologies for tagging her after she had already posted her 7x7's. I have just returned from Anthony's blog, and read them for the first time. :-)
Jeremy's are on the way! Love you lots! :-)

~Sally

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Dear Sally,

We finally completed 'North & South' last night. I must heartily agree with you, it is an excellent film...maybe even better the P&P? hm...that subject is still up for debate around here!

I really enjoyed seeing how the author and movie director were able not only to really draw out each character, but to educate you in the many cultural issues of the day as well. The cinematography was excellent, and we all kept commenting on how the music truly added to the film! I love the flute duet that begins the theme at the outset of the film, it portrays such conflict and want of resolution.

Thanks for recommending the film to Carol. It has been added to the 'DeL Favorites' list!

Sarah