February 28, 2006

Max's Meager 7's

Here are my lists. I thought I'd wait until the 7x7's craze died down a bit before posting mine. Of course, pressure from fellow bloggers has a way of raising the priority!

7 Things I'd like to do before I die:
1. Be involved in a ministry that uses apologetics as a tool for evangelism.
2. Be able to defend Christianity from an exegetical, philosophical, logical, and existential basis in the face of skepticism and hostility.
3. Travel the world in connection with point 1.
4. Rejoice with a godly wife, and raise many godly children.
5. Become well versed in and write about subjects such as: culture, philosophy, world religions, logic, history, literature, etc...
6. Be a tool used by God to bring many people to the knowledge of the true gospel of Jesus Christ.
7. Learn to be unselfish.


7 Movies I enjoyed watching:
1. Through the Gates of Splendor
2. Luther
3. Horatio Hornblower series (have you guessed it's a family favorite? :)
4. P&P (BBC)
5. Q&A, Volume II, Ravi Zacharias at Univ. of MI.
6. Flywheel
7. North and South


7 Things I say often:
1. Aw man
2. Ssuch is life
3. How do you know that's true?
4. What's this pill for? (see Sally's preoccupation with health in her 7x7's)
5. I'm so glad I'm finally home!
6. Well...it's about that time. (bed time!)
7. ???


7 Things I'd like in a wife:
1. Loves God with her whole being, and has a heart for children
2. Has a cheerful dispostion, but is not superficially "bubbly."
3. Feels a personal call to, or (at the very least) is willing to follow me in a ministerial life
4. Considers punctuality important
5. Enjoy's and knows how to use humor, but is not bothered if life is not a constant laugh.
6. Is practical, hardworking, and isn't afraid to get her hands dirty.
7. Also has a taste for the poetic, romantic side of life. (I haven't seen many ladies that lack this, but hey, I think it's important!)


7 Things I can't do well:
1. Finish every book I start.
2. Get myself interested in financial matters.
3. Keep my desk organized
4. Cook
5. Understand God and time.
6. Keep my dirty clothes hamper empty.
7. Juggle 4 balls (or five for that matter)


7 Authors/books I like:
1. G. K. Chesterton - Orthodoxy, The Everlasting Man
2. Ravi Zacharias - Jesus Among Other God's
3. C. S. Lewis - A Pilgrims Regress (and others)
4. Gordon H. Clark - Various
5. Martin Luther - Bondage of the Will
6. C. H. Spurgeon - The Soul Winner
7. Francis Schaeffer - The God Who is There


7 People I tag:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7. (this tagging can't go on forever!)



Well...it's about that time...

2 comments:

The Parish Clan said...

Ha! I knew you'd click on the "comments" button once you saw that someone was brave enough to post one. To bad it's only me!

In the future, if we ever have a problem with too many comments, I only need to post, and POOF! all activity ceases!

Pardon my joviality! :) :)

-Max

Hubers said...

Hey now! You just beat us to it, that's all.
Thanks for the list...very informational!