February 12, 2006

Dad's 6x7's

Seven Things I Would Like to Do Before I Die:
1. Be a bold witness of the gospel of Jesus Christ
2. Fulfil my calling as a husband and father
3. See my grandchildren and great-grandchildren
4. Be a qualified elder
5. Become debt free
6. Overcome my shyness
7. See the Custer battlefield


Seven Things I Cannot Do Well:
1. Hang sheetrock.
2. Speak in public.
3. Auto mechanics
4. Remember the names of plants
5. Play Dutch Blitz (unless Katherine Huber is on my team)
6. Build square and plumb
7. Engage in small talk


Seven Movies I Enjoy:
1. Flywheel
2. The Secret of the Vine
3. Gods and Generals
4. Pride and Prejudice BBC
5. Horatio Hornblower
6. ?
7. ?


Seven Things I Say Often:
1. Do not lean on the table
2. Chew with your mouth closed
3. Pass the food to the left!
4. Heavens to Betsy!
5. Hey... Bob!
6. This is Scott (cell phone)
7. Howdy!


Seven Things I Appreciate About My Wife:
1. Her love for our Lord Jesus Christ
2. Her embracing of her calling as a woman
3. Her faithfulness to me over 23 years
4. Her passionate love for our children
5. Her cooking
6. Her romantic nature
7. Her ability to work and play hard


Six Books That Have Impacted My Life, and One Which I Thoroughly Enjoyed (Not Counting the Bible):
1. Debating Calvinism (Five Points, Two Views)
2. The Church Effeminate
3. Psycho Heresy - The Psychological Seduction of Christianity
4. 12 Steps to Destruction - Codependency Recovery Heresies
5. How Christian is Christian Counseling? - The Dangerous Secular Influences That Keep Us From Caring for Souls
6. The Potter's Freedom
7. Archeology, History, and Custers Last Battle

1 comments:

The Parish Clan said...

Yay Dad!!! Thanks for obliging me and posting your 7x7's. :-) I praise God for you . . . I love you.

~Sweetpea