August 10, 2006

Confession of Love


My vow.


Whatsoever Thou sayest unto me by Thy grace I will do it.


My constraint.


Thy love, O Christ my Lord.


My confidence.


Thou art able to keep that which I have comitted unto Thee.



My joy.

To do Thy will, O God.

My discipline.

That which I would not choose, but which Thy love appoints.

My prayer.

Conform my will to Thine

My Motto.

Love to live, live to love.

My portion.

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance.

Teach us, good Lord, to serve Thee as Thous deservest; to give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labor and not to ask for any reward save that of knowig that we do Thy will, O Lord our God.

~ From "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"

0 comments: