February 29, 2008

Enjoying the 'Mountain'

As winter is passing into spring, there has been many opportunities to enjoy our mountain. One gray afternoon, Simon poked his head in the door and announced that he was going to go climb the mountain. I was sitting on the computer and the wild urge came upon me to go with him! So off we hiked. The view was fantastic since the horizon was clear, and the rain didn't catch us until we were almost down. We enjoyed some thoughtful conversation while we sat on the rocks together and our hike together created some priceless together time.

It's been fun to take the children up a little ways also. Here's Jacob doing some rock climbing. :-)



If you look closely, you can see Simon near the top of the picture. He's a much faster hiker than I. ;-)



As I passed this tree I couldn't resist taking some pictures. The bark was stuffed full of acorns! I wonder why?

2 comments:

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Oh! Very interesting! That is really neat!
Glad to hear your mom is feeling a little better.

Hannah DeLadurantey

The Parish Clan said...

Good to hear from you Hannah! :-) How are you and your family these days?