October 09, 2006

Virginia's Historic Triangle~ Williamsburg


The next historic town we strolled through was the quaint village of Williamsburg. The beauty and charm of this colonial town captured my heart. I LOVE WILLIAMSBURG! It was a pity that we only had a few hours to enjoy Williamsburg . . . we simply must go back . . . :-) How many times have you said that and never did? Hopefully this time will be different.


The boys in front of the Magazine.


The Governor's mansion


Enchanting colonial gardens~




Daniel was found clowning around in town and was promptly locked in the stocks near the courthouse. I can still hear his plantive cries.


The law administered justice to another person in our party also. They caught this one by surprise.


The shops that lined the street were filled with historical merchandise. This one in particular sold the best (in other words, most authentic) three cornered hats we had seen.




Hats, ribbons, and everything lovely.






















Max discovered a fellow thinker in Williamsburg and enjoyed a lively debate with him there. :-)

3 comments:

Hubers said...

I hear that you all made it home safe and sound! Looks like you had a delightful trip...Of course who wouldn't have fun in Virginia?!!

I also heard that you met the Zes family...Finally my wish came true...for Sally to meet Sarah, Rebekah and Hannah. Sal, they said they enjoyed you, then again, who wouldn't?!!! Miss you soooo much :)

Hope you all were encouraged by the conference...wish we could have been there too!

Nikkae

Anonymous said...

You're right. And we get to have her all the time!

-Max

Anonymous said...

Nikkae Dear,

After a great trip, we made it home safe and sound. Unfortunately the detour to San Antonio which I was hoping for didn't occur. We made it to Fresno without mishap.

I did meet the Zes family! What a blessing that was! I was on pins and needles, anxious to visit with them, and God was so good to grant me that privilage. Their company was a highlight of the trip for me. Kae, you are too sweet!

The conference was excellent. Except for the fact that a certain family was missing. ;-) We heard many 'heart-pricking' things to think about and mull over now that we're at home.

I miss you bunches and hope the Film Festival is going well!