October 30, 2006

Powered by God's Creation


POWERED BY GOD’S CREATION


Hello! It’s me Simon. I know I’ve been pretty quit on this blog, I have been requested to write something, so I’ll tell you about a little hobby I’ve picked up thru the past summer, “sailing”!


A few years ago, our “older” neighbors gave us a little 12' sailboat that they hadn’t the time nor the energy to use.


Since I wasn’t in to sailing It took some time (reading books about sailing etc) and repairs to really get in to the sport and out on the water. Fortunately we have an excellent sailing lake (Huntington lake) fairly close to us.


Huntington is known for it’s predictable winds in the summer mouths, and is the best lake for sailing in California.


Here I am sailing singlehanded (solo), usually someone is in the boat controlling the jib, (fore sail)


I love sailing because it gives you something to do, and to think about, while enjoying being carried about by God’s awesome creation, “wind”.

3 comments:

Hubers said...

Nice Photo!

Anonymous said...

Great post Simon.

Could anyone tell us how to get rid of the gibberish wherever we have an apostrophe?

-Max

Anonymous said...

Come visit us next summer and we'll take ya'll on the boat! :-)Tis' a blast, I must say and Simon is a very capable captain.