December 12, 2007

Catchin' Up

This post has been written and rewritten many times but my attempts to wax eloquent have proved vain. On my last try, I was happily typing away when I suddenly realized the length of my ramble. Sincere though it was, my jaunt across the page looked more like a sentimental journal entry than an update with a lot to cover.

Ah well, many of the events in our lives have been of a sentimental nature. As I was ironing this evening, Max was happily playing on the floor with the children. Enjoying his presence and the happy giggles of the children, I suddenly remembered we have three and a half weeks before he is gone establishing his own household. As joyous as that is, a lump sprang into my throat. Those familiar tears which have seemed to appear so often lately threatened to pop out again. . . and . . . yes, here I go again, it's beginning to look like a journal again. :-) I suppose I should stop there and get to the real post, before another week goes by!

Thanks to wedding showers and preparations, Daniel and Kendra have spent some precious days here lately. We even had some time to relax together! :-)

Olivia is Grandma's girl, and is growing so fast! Isn't she beautiful?

Daniel loves his babies!






No family evening is complete around here without those trusty popcorn bowls! Full of course. ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were blessed by a weekend visit from the Telians last month. We are so thankful for their friendship and praise God for the great encouragement they are to us. We enjoyed some great visits, silly times practicing practical jokes, climbing the mountain, horseback riding, sidesplitting laughter, singing, and of course fellowshipping! Peter was able to interview Max and Jenny in our 'living room turned studio' for a project he is working on, while the rest of us hiked 'our' hill.
Wonderful memories were made as we got to know each other better. Thanks for the fantastic time Telians!


Lilly checking out the equipment

0 comments: