May 05, 2007

Flour Dust

Piemaking is a lost art. The artificial fluff of Marie Calender's famous pie's aside, Grandma's homemade creations rarely appear in today's social eating circle. This, my friends, is a shame because biting into a mouthful of spiced apples, wrapped in a flaky -melt in your mouth- crust is an experience few can afford to miss. Armed with aprons and rolling pins, the Werzinski ladies and the Parish ladies decided to revolt against this alarming trend and learn to do what our fore mothers did best . . . bake pies! :-)


Lots of measuring and mixing

A day like this wouldn't be complete without a few smiles!

"This much?" We were able to share one another's knowledge and recipes as we enjoyed our pie-time together. :-) Anyone care for a slice?

4 comments:

Aaron said...

I'll volunteer my services as a pie-sampler anytime. I'm always ready to help out where I can.

The Werzinskis said...

Jordan said that our pies were actually better than Marie Calendar's! Thank you so much for the recipe and practice time. It was wonderful to welcome Daddy home with a home-made pie!

Love you all,
The Werzinskis

Kendra Parish said...

Yummy! I wish I was there with you all on that day! Nothing pleases a Daddy or a Husband more than a home-made pie!

Kendra

The Parish Clan said...

Thanks Aaron! I really appreciate your offer. :-)

It was fun to spend the day with you all Werzinski's! Hopefully we can do it again sometime. :-)

Oh Kendra, I wish you could've been there also! That would've been wonderful! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! :-)