February 14, 2007

Abortion 101

Earlier this year, I joined the speaking team for our local Right to Life organization. Last Tuesday (13th) was my first engagement. The presentation entitled "Abortion 101" was delivered to a confirmation class at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Fresno. There were about 35 people present, the majority being in their mid teens. Other than some technical problems in the beginning (which we were able to fix), the talk went well.
The speaking coordinator is wanting to give each speaker 20 - 30 presentations per year. I'm greatly looking forward to it, and would appreciate your prayer support.
Thank you, Sally, for coming with me, helping me set up and tear down, shooting the photos, and being a big support.











No, I'm not scratching my stomach. Nor am I dancing with an imaginary partner.








Did you know almost 70% of abortions in the U.S. come from catholics and protestants?

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Congratulations Max. You look very comfortable and collected.

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Max, wish I could have been there!

Robb

Brent Beardslee said...

Hear, hear! Any chance you will have a schedule of upcoming events to forward? We'd love to take a listen if we head out West this year.

Brent

Garrett Valdivia said...

I like that stomach-scratching-while-dancing pose! Looks like fun!

I hope your talk was received well. I'd like to see you speak some time :)

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job Max, and I was blessed to be there. Praying that God would use you in this area to touch lives and hearts enough to make a difference for our precious babies.

Anonymous said...

I would Love to hear this speech!!! Do you have it recorded?
Did you know that almost every third baby conceived in America is aborted?
I'm so glad you get to use your gift of speaking to teach the horrific truth of abortion. We are the only voice these innocent babies have!
Keep it up!!
Love,
Natalie