April 03, 2009

Leg Cramps

Last night, Mom experienced terrific cramping in her leg. So today, she's researching solutions on the internet. These are some of the remedies she has found so far.

*Put a bar of ivory soap under the top fitted sheet at the foot of the bed. It works the same as potassium. Hey, if nothing else, it smells good!

*Tie a sewing thread around your ankle loosely. That way, the tread will knot instead of your leg.

*Drink a 1/4 cup of dill pickle juice. It's what the football players do. Take another shot if needed.

*"My grandmother was told by my great-great Grandmother to take your shoes, turn them upside down and place them under your bed (generally with the toes facing out). It seems odd, but works."

*Drink tonic water with quinine in it.

Hmmm . . . :-P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I use to get those when I swam in high school! They say lack of potassium! Have her eat a watermelon...higher in potassium then a banana! I think you might find a good one in your list there though! ;)

Love you

Ken

The McCracken family said...

Wow -- varied solutions! (I'd actually heard about the ivory soap before -- strange!) And like Kendra said, "Potassium / banana" is what I'd always heard - tho I didn't know about watermelon. The things we learn. So sorry, Sandy - hope it's fixed soon... try ALL the solutions!
Lori

Reginia said...

I had heard Dial soap, but either way, seems to work the same. I had awful leg cramps when pregnant with Josh, I thought it was calcium, maybe potassium too. You can get potassium tablets pretty reasonably too at the store. Take care!

Jeremy Becker said...

I'm afraid to see what might be suggested for headaches. :-)