January 27, 2009

Eagle's Wings

January 27, 2009

"Does the hawk fly b your wisdom, and spread its wings toward the south? Does the eagle mount up at your command, and make its nest on high?" -Job 39:26-27

" There are three things which are too wonderful for me, yes, four which I do not understand; The way of an eagle in the air, the way of a serpent on a rock, the way of a ship in the midst of the sea, the way of man with virgin." -Proverbs 30:18-19


"Bless the Lord . . . Who satisfies your mouth with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."-Psalm 103:1,5

"You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles wings and brought you to Myself. Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine." -Exodus 19:4-5

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."-Isaiah 40:31

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak and to those who have no might He increases strength."-Isaiah 40:28-29

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! I hear you are getting into photography now, Sally. Are these your pictures? So nice with the scripture.

The McCracken family said...

Sal! Did you take these photos??!!
They're gorgeous!

By the way...

Last night we had our graduation meeting for my senior class and they were listing some photographer options....
my dad took the liberty of mentioning your name and giving a phone number. I hope you don't mind.

Kaylee

The Parish Clan said...

Thank-you Mrs. Teter! Yes, I am enjoying photography. :-) On a run about the mountain one day I stumbled across this majestic bird. He was on the ground and obviously wounded. I was moved to compassion for this beautiful creature who could not soar like it was meant to do.

Please give your Dad my hearty thanks for his recommendation Kaylee! What a blessing! :-)

~Sally

Anonymous said...

Jaelynn exclaimed after seeing these pictures,"what a pretty peacock Mom"
I had to then explain what an eagle was!

Love you Kendra