November 24, 2008

Welcome to Emerson Faith!


Bless the Lord! Precious Emmy chose November 23 as the date of her arrival, much to the joy of her family. Kendra began her labor around 1:00 am, was Emmy was born near 1:00 pm. The Orange Cove Parish's were walking out the door to church when we received the notification that 'things were happenin'. After spending the previous week at Daniel and Kendra's waiting for her arrival, I desperately wanted to see her as soon as possible, and perhaps even share in the final moments of her birth. Communication, packing, and driving time was done in the essence of speed. Mom and Dad warned me several times not to "drive like a maniac" which I tried to obey. Nonetheless, travel time was quicker than ever before and with tears of joy, I pulled up Burtonwood road about 45 minutes after Emerson's birth. Precious moments awaited within the door.

Emerson Faith Parish, weighing in at 7 pounds, 15 ounces and measuring 20 inches long. She has the most beautiful skin, with that musky, delicious, brand-new smell. Velvety hair, dark like her Daddy's adorns her head. Her little nails are perfectly formed, and almost long enough to clip. In short, she is precious spelled with a capital P!


'Oma', and Auntie Lindsay turn adoring eyes on the wee one.

Grandpa and his little girl
Cuddles with Grandma
Emmy~ I love you!
Mom and Dad left a few hours after I did and arrived around 8:30 pm. What joy there was in those moments! Mom will stay at Dan and Kendra's until Thursday morning leaving her role in Thanksgiving to me. -gasp!- :-)

Olivia Joy meets her little sister

Three little Princesses and their Daddy

Jae has been looking forward to this moment for months!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

How sweet! :) She is darling! I'll be thinking of you as you prepare for Thanksgiving... I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job! :D Love you!

The McCracken family said...

She is such a little dolly! Oh I can't wait to see them all in person one of these days. Livy has grown up so much, too! I haven't seen any of them since the groomsmen dinner. Thanks for the prompt post!

Kaylee

Jenny Parish said...

She's so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! Now it's time for her little cousin to make an appearance! :-)

~Jenny

The Parish Clan said...

Thank-you! She is a darling, and yes, I can't wait for her cousin to arrive! Anytime . . . :-)

Semmens Family said...

She is perfect - what an awesome addition to a wonderful family! Would love to meet her someday. :-)
Thomas and Julie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful post Sally and thank you for being there during those first special moments of her life!

I LOVE YOU
Kendra

Anonymous said...

It's so cute to read your FB status updates the week before she was born... Can't believe its already been 2 weeks!

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I was thinking I was on Kendra's blog still! :)