April 29, 2008

Family Weekend

As April began drawing to a close, end of the semester events began to show up on our family calender. I made it through my first vocal recital Friday evening, (despite shaking in my shoes!) and was so blessed to have Daniel and Kendra there. They spent the weekend with us, making our family complete when Max and Jenny came Saturday night. Saturday afternoon, we had the opportunity to spend some time with the Elliot family, newly moved from Texas. We met the Elliots at the Huber home a few years ago and had a grand time catching up and getting to know each other better.

Simon and I had the opportunity to play a duet together at recital on Friday night-he on the cello, me singing. This was my first vocal performance and I was shaking in my shoes! 'Panis Angelicus' is such a beautiful song, and I was challenged and blessed through singing it.


Mrs. Teter, my voice teacher, and all her students who preformed.

Kaylee and Samantha singing 'Sisters'. They were fantastic!

Samantha and Maci singing another duet together . . . beautiful, rich and Italian. (Was it Italian? ;-)



Sweetheart . . .

Mom loves all her 'littles'! :-) Children and grandchildren alike.

Olivia is growing up so fast! This sounds cliche' but I can't believe it's almost been a year since she was born.


Speaking of growing up fast, Jayni is quickly becoming a little lady. I am constantly surprised as she grows and changes every day. I am so blessed to have such a sweet little sister. God is good!

It's fun to add more leaves to our family table as our family grows. :-)

Morning time


The weekend provided some time for Mom and son to reconnect.


There was plenty of dress-up going on! Little ladies and mommies everywhere you looked.

4 comments:

The McCracken family said...

What fun pictures, Sally!
I am so glad that you were able to see Daniel and Kendra and the girlies again. (I love that black and white picture of Jaelyn looking out the window!! Beautifully done!!)

Kaylee

Michele said...

We had a lovely afternoon fellowshipping with your family. Thank you so much for your hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again :)

The Elliott Family

fatquiver said...

This was such a fun post to read! Thank you for sharing it.

The McCracken family said...

These have been such full weeks! Wow! You have such a welcoming home - what a blessing to others; and really, the blessings come your way, too, as you share in all these people's lives.

Hooray for the concerts and recitals and events, too - such fun to do them together! (tho the calendars do get full when they all begin to come around!)

Lori