April 22, 2006

It's Over!

This year Simon and I had the opportunity of

taking a homeschool speech class! Last Monday night was our last class as well as 'Parents Night'. On Parents Night, all of us were required to give a memorized speech with visual aids, introduce a classmate, and give a memorized quote. All said with a mike, on a stage, in front of a crowd of people (The family's of about 21 classmates). This equation equals SCARY for me! Thankfully, both Simon and I got through it, and I actually enjoyed the night! :-)


As well as covering speech-giving, we were taught intelligent coversation, handling a mike, and how to lead a Bible study. This class was quite a challenge and growing experience for me personally, and one that though I'm glad is over, I'm glad that I took!

Simon's speech was titled, "Thick, Gooey, and Hard" and was about fiberglassing homemade wooden boats.


My speech was about baking bread, and was titled " Butter's Best Buddy". I was able to bring our 20 year old Bosch mixer, and our recipe, which is so used that the writing is unintelligable! That was fun to pull out of my apron pocket! :-)


This young lady in the below picture was a sweet classmate whom I enjoyed getting to know! We had many visits about many topics, and I value her friendship. I knew that even if no one else in class listened to my speech, she would (and did!) always smile up at me with a cheerful sparkle in her eyes. Thank-you Mary! :-)














2 comments:

Hubers said...

Wish I could have been there Sal to cheer you on! Is it really cold enough at your place to merit the use of a coat?

nikkae

The Parish Clan said...

I would've loved you to be there Nikkae! Yes, although it's hard to believe as I sit here in this air conditioned room, it WAS cold enough then! I kinda wish it would stay that way for a while. :-) Ah the wonderful wacky weather.

Love you,

~sally